- Acid rain is still a major problem in China, India. Does acid rain have global effects?
- Now that regulations have eased on the US, is acid rain on the rise?
- Is there any discussion of global governance around climate change and environmental degradation, pollution? Do conventions have adequate (or any) effect? What is the incentive for compliance?
A Just Transition requires solutions that ensure the well-being of workers and communities; address racial, economic and gender injustice; protect our health, environment and climate; and create meaningful, good jobs and a thriving and sustainable economy.
Inspiring work enumerated in this site, Kentuckians for the Commonwealth:
- In 2013, KFTC members identified the following principles for a just transition:
- Improve the quality of life for people and communities affected by economic disruption, environmental damage, and inequality
- Foster inclusion, participation and collaboration
- Generate good, stable and meaningful jobs and broad, fair access to them
- Promote innovation, self-reliance and broadly held local wealth
- Protect and restore public health and environment
- Respect the past while strengthening communities and culture
- Consider the effects of decisions on future generations
See also Empower Kentucky